

when the music could change their destiny: Young Musicians of the World

So i'll be in
The philosophy of the school is beautiful, and the program is even more amazing! They start every morning bright and early at 6:30 with my favorite - yoga - and after preparing for the morning, they have three hours of music lessons - studying the traditional tabala, sitar, and harmonium, thereafter they sit for lunch, then three more hours of academics - of which I will be teaching English! I will be working for 6 days from 6am to 10 pm, with Sundays off for exploration.
I'm looking forward to the next 4 months of not driving through traffic, sleeping peacefully, eating lots of masala and curry, no more drama in my life, dreading my hair, wearing a sari, and just plain living life simply!
If you're interested in the the school, check them out:
www.jeunesmusiciensdumonde.org
school contact info:
Kalkeri Village, Dharwad district
50007, Karnataka State, India. You can donate online with the organization at the above website so they can continue to support the programs of the school.
I'll be keeping in contact, mostly here on my blog, not too much time for the email and myspace thing, but check out this page from time to time to hear about de-licing on Fridays, the progress on my dreads, and hopefully many an amazing story and photo to share.
Best wishes to you for your new year:
May our hearts be filled with love, joy and peace!
Om Shanti Shanti
With love,
Ash

2 comments:
I hope you learn a lot from this experience and I can't wait to hear all about it!
Have fun and be careful lady!
I am so glad to see that you have your first blog posted! Congratulations!!! Looking forward to seeing pictures of you, your dreads, the students and your saris!
Love, Rachel
Post a Comment