Friday, February 8, 2008

So i'm alive and well, just spent the last 3 days beachside in Goa, not really wanting to get back to the dry Karnartaka, but excited to keep teaching. It was quite an adventure riding on motorcycle taxis along the twisting and turning Indian back roads of Goa to check out the many beaches, but it was well worth it to find my favorite new hippie town Arambol. It is here that i am finially okay with my nappy hair, whereas every other place in Kalkeri, the girls ask me if I am going to brush them out and put coconut oil, and give me strange looks like i'm wearing snakes in my hair. "No good coming" they say! They really love long silky hair here, again, not my nappy curly hair as well, so i'm kinda out regardless! But other than the superficial, things are great!

I'm excited to be doing some fundraising with the founders as my next project here, in addition to the English and yoga classes daily. Soon more to come on this one.

As for all the typical travel stuff, i'm doing well, haven't cracked open my head yet, knock on wood, but i'll keep you posted on any potentially fatal experience.

So much love to you all, I hope you are healthy and happy!

Namaste!
ashley

3 comments:

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

It's great to finally receive an update from you! How nice that you have had the chance to travel and have found people who like your dreads:D I love to hear of your journeys and to know that you are thinking of us from all the way over there... still under the same sky.

ArtSellingGenius.com said...

GLad to hear that all is well! Do the kids need anything? Do you need anything?

A.I.M.T.

crashyogi said...

thanks Flexer for interest in support. I'm still new to the blogger and have tried to respond to you, but haven't had access. If you get this, please respond to my email if you would like to keep in contact about the needs of the school. Recently I have been asking my friends and family for donations to the school to buy supplies for the beginning of their new year. I can give more details over an email and am truly appreciative of your support!

Hope you are well in your life and travels!
Namaste,
Ashley