Monday, December 14, 2009

Bon L'Anniversaire Sherm








Last night as I struggled with falling asleep.

I remembered holding Sherm's hand, trying not to cry in his presence, knowing it was the last time I would hear his breath, feel his warmth and have him by my side.
I held my hand out just as it had been held in his grasp, but now I could only grip onto my blankets, his hand is no longer there to hold. This time I allow the tears to come and cry myself to sleep.

Today I found a letter he had sent to me this past year, the words read
Life is a never ending journey of discovery.
I remembered it was his birthday today.
These coincidences are not coincidences at all.



I am listening to jazz on your birthday Sherm.
With every day, with every lasting memory I carry you with me.
I am so grateful you came into this world, and that together we discovered life.
You were with me until you had to leave this life, but I know you are still with me now.
You once wrote to me, without your love I don't exist.
But I never stopped loving you, so you continue to live on in my heart.

I live for you now, your spirit continues on in the living.

Mon raison d'etre
l'amour de ma vie

No comments: