The adventures of PHX to the street of Seattle during Decible have resonnated with me throughout the past month +. I was embraced once again by a white rabbit reminder during a performance one night at the Paramount, my Phoenix Friends guiding me through the streets which I've traveled for so long here by myself. I kept running into familiar faces, friends from past, at one point, I went to the ladies parlour, and seriously, two of my friends, came into the ladies one after another at that same time. This is what I call I'm awake but still dreaming.
Here's a few visuals to somewhat share the experience. Inexpressive with words. The sights the sounds and the magic all around. I felt the fire and the ice that night.
This night I ran into an old friend, one whom I feel like I have known for lifetimes, though we had only shared a Summer in Seattle. Like any old friend I was excited to see his face, to see the potential changes as we all have through a couple seasons of weather, perhaps wear, but mostly, hopefully, we see the beauty of each other once again in a unconditionally loving and kind space with genuine concern for our progression as a person on this path of life's experiences can show in the smile of our eyes and the embrace of our hands held.
What was different about this night was that I was in a state of heightened sensitivity to all that had been going on in my life for the past few months, and then on that night I came to an understanding within myself. Ironically my dad even called me while we were rock star preparing ourselves to depart the W in fashion's speed for the show.
I seem to flow each September through December in a similar pattern as the years go on. It is a common time for my attention to go inward, perhaps a lot like the weather here in Seattle. I am much like the gray skies and sunshine here. I'm unpredictable from one moment to the next weather I want to be sunny or cloudy, I offer fresh breaths of oxygen and enriched sights in nearly every diretion as long as I'm taking the time to appreciate all around me. I am strong enough to endure the changes of the season because I have been through this a time or two, it still is a slight shock to the system, and I oftentimes need to lash out in a heavy rain or two, but for the most part, I'm comfortable with sharing my emotions because they are what makes me so vibrantly creative and expressive during the moments and days of brilliant light.
With the love of my friends around me, this week of my girls surrounding me, reminded me that supportive root family is how we get through difficult times, together. These girls had to come all the way up to Seattle, to take me to Paramount, listen to Amon Tobin, and finally see the light that so many of my other friends have been trying to share with me throughout the many past years. I have been swimming in a sea of darkness. Some day I would need to choose my own path to move out of the darkness and into the light. It has been a long time since I feel like I have been surrounded by light and love, even though I spent 5 straight months in sunshine of Phoenix, somehow I needed the darkness again so that remember to go towards the light.
The words from this friend still come into my thoughts from time to time. He once told me one night almost out of the blue for it's prophetic wisdom at the time, I guess I just didn't realize the lessons he was trying to share with: go towards the light, for in the light there is no darkness. I'm grateful that the universe brought us together on this night to share another embrace and see his eyes smiling from within. Rise above, burn it down. Living Fire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment