Saturday night was like going to the temple, or synagogue of higher consciousness. I went to hear and dance to the music of Matisyahu. Such an incredible upliftment of light and love via sound.
These past months, I have been so fully focused on the spirit which is all around me, I am in such a different mind and body space than I can remember from the past. I have been on my path of continual self development, every day meditating, working more fully for the goal ahead of me, while trying to remain present in all that I do and all of the people sharing their presence with me.
I have cherished those who have come into my life, on this ever continually changing path to learning more about myself through other's influence. Most recently, it has been so aparent that all who are coming into my life at every point in every day, are coming for a greater reason. I have been open-eyed with astonishment that each time I am graced by the presence of someone for even a short moment, such as a conversation on the bus, or catching eyes as we pass along the street, I know it is a gifts shared by those influenced by the spirit within and all around us. I am acceptant of these lessons and I give thanks to all who are sharing the light and love of the spirit.
At this moment, I am in gratitude once again for the sound of music, the dub base which reverberates through my ears, my stomach and my chest. I give thanks to the honesty and the beauty of this musician who has shared his path of struggle and triumph with us all through his music. Like this song's lyrics, I feel the spirit in my body, in my chest like lightning.
To those who are continually sharing this light and love, I welcome you into my life at present for all the gifts I will share with you and embrace the gifts you share with gratitude and love. May my loved ones from paths and lives past if we have departed, continue to come back into my life at present, I welcome you with open arms, heart, mind, body and soul.
Yiggi Yiggi yo! Yiggi Yiggi Yo!
http://www.matisyahuworld.com/
King Without a Crown Lyrics:
See you're all that I have and you're all that I need
Each and every day I pray to get to know you please
I want to be close to you, yes I'm so hungry
You're like water for my soul when it gets thirsty
Without you there's no me
You're the air that I breathe
So sometimes the world is dark and I just can't see
With these, demons surround all around to bring me down to negativity
But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
I'll stand on my own two feet
Won't be brought down on one knee
Fight with all of my might and get these demons to flee
Hashem's rays fire blaze burn bright and I believe
Hashem's rays fire blaze burn bright and I believe
Out of darkness comes light, twilight unto the heights
Crown Heights ya burnin' up all through till twilight
Said, thank you to my God, now I finally got it right
And I'll fight with all of my heart, and all a' my soul, and all a' my might
What's this feeling?
My love will rip a hole in the ceiling
I give myself to you from the essence of my being and I
Sing to my God, songs of love and healing
I want Moshiach now, time we start revealing
What's this feeling?
My love will rip a hole in the ceiling
I give myself to you from the essence of my being and I
Sing to my God, songs of love and healing
I want Moshiach now
Strip away the layers and reveal your soul
You got to give yourself up and then you become whole
You're a slave to yourself and you don't even know
You want to live the fast life but your brain moves slow
If you're trying to stay high, ya bound to stay low
You want God but you couldn't deflate your ego
If you're already there then there's nowhere to go
If you're cup's already full then its bound to overflow
If you're drowning in the water's and you can't stay afloat
Ask Hashem for mercy, and he'll throw you a rope
You're looking for help from God you say he couldn't be found
Searching up to the sky and looking beneath the ground
Like a King without his Crown
You keep fallin' down
You really want to live but can't get rid of your frown
Tried to reach unto the heights and wound bound down on the ground
Given up your pride and the you heard a sound
Out of night comes day and out of day comes light
Nullified to the One like sunlight in a ray,
Makin' room for his love and a fire gone blaze
Makin' room for his love and a fire gone blaze
What's this feeling?
My love will rip a hole in the ceiling
I give myself to you from the essence of my being and I
Sing to my God, songs of love and healing
I want Moshiach now, time we start revealing
What's this feeling?
My love will rip a skylight in the ceiling
I give myself to you from the essence of my being and I
Sing to my God, songs of love and healing
Yo
I lift up my eyes where my help come from
Seen it circling around from the mountain
Thunder!
You feel it in your chest
You keep my mind at ease and my soul at rest
And I look to the sky where my help come from
Seen it circling around from the mountain
Thunder!
You feel it in your chest
Say thunder, you feel it in you, i feel it in you
Thunder you feel it in you, i feel it in you
Thunder you feel it in you, i feel it in you
What's this feeling?
My love will rip a hole in the ceiling
I give myself to you from the essence of my being
Sing to my God,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment