So as I lay me down to sleep.....
or sit in my bed, with thoughts that are running through my head
creativity comes to me in the late night, obsession about projects and ideas keeping me up till the early morning light.
I call days like these my white rabbits, (and will be posting them to that site, just a bit TMI for this post I think) All of the people that I somehow come into meeting and the experiences I have are reminding me that I am living presently and on the path of where I need to be. So grateful that I am surrounded by incredible artists, musicians: all creatively inspirational individuals. `I know like attracts like, but also I know there is no coincidence for what I have gone through, the people whom I have opened my heart to sharing myself with, and vice versa. I reflect on the full of life experiences that I am continually surrounded by my soul family consciously collective loved ones. in this constellation of a not so vast universe.
These songs are what I call Sherman songs. Oh Sherm, how I love your presence. At present, I have yet to share in this blog a playlist of my beloved singing to me from not so far away though most of my inspiration for writing these days comes from reflection on the white rabbits in my life. I'm not afraid to share them now. In the beginning, I knew it was him. Days after his body passed from this earth, I couldn't stop noticing the coincidences of the songs which I would hear driving in a car, then out at a shop, or when I was at home with my random player pulling up songs so closely related to him. I started to understand it was not just coincidence. I would share with friends and family that Sherm was talking with me and I'm pretty sure everyone thought it was just more of Ashley's talking crazy talk.
Expression of our talents is endless with support from those who appreciate the arts. Today was especially inspirational for me. During the day I met with my musical friend, his inspiration is fueling some current projects. I am so grateful for this present moment when my teter is moving from the past to the present moment mark and further to the other side of the tipping point. My evening was spent with friends at the RawArtist event downtown, supporting the gathering of musicians, artists and how we all collectively gather to appreciate art. Thereafter in my late night owl times I went to a neighborhood gathering amongst one of my most favorite groups of living artists who unite every week at the Blunt Club. Tonight, was a special evening where I felt the outpouring of love in support of a child Noah Stout. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=137627986310669
How blessed I am that I am embraced by the unconditional love of a friendship with so many special people, my Tempe-Phx brothas and sistas, a family constellation within this graspable universe.
OHere's what came to my ear waves at the end of my. I like to read the lyrics or just close my eyes and see the light of the stars align amongst the darkness of the inside of my head.
Radiohead Polyurathane
Go.
Disjointed we scare ourselves with all that we wanna be.
Just got paid and now you’re going, how long should you be?
If I get scared, I just call you.
And i, miss your glow as I unsettle,
Oh I’ll always feel, I’ll always be.
Right.
One, two, three, four.
So sell your suit and tie, and come and live with me.
Leukemia, schizophrenia, polyethylene.
There is no significant risk to your health.
She used to be beautiful once as well.
Plastic bag, middle class, polyethylene.
Decaffeinate, unleaded, keep all surfaces clean.
If you don’t believe in it, sell your soul.
If you don’t get into it, no one will.
Oh...... oh........
Yeah Yeah Yeahs Runaway
I was feeling sad
Can't help looking back
Highways flew by
Run, run, run away
No sense of time
Want you to stay
Want keep you inside
Run, run, run away
Lost, lost, lost my mind
Want you to stay
Want you to be my prize
All along, not so strong without these open arms.
Hold on tight.
All along, not that strong without these open arms.
Lie beside.
All along, not so strong without these open arms.
Ride beside.
I was feeling sad
Can't help looking back
Highways flew by
Run, run, run away
No sense of time
Want you to stay
Want to keep you inside
At night they would go walking ‘till the breaking of the day,
The morning is for sleeping…
Through the dark streets they go searching to see God in their own way,
Save the nighttime for your weeping…
Your weeping…
Singing la lalalalala la lé…
And the night over London, hey…
So we rode down to the river where the toiling ghosts spring,
For their curses to be broken…
We’d go underneath the arches where the witches are in the saying,
There are ghost towns in the ocean…
The ocean…
[Cemeteries Of London Lyrics On http://www.elyricsworld.com/ ]
Singing la lalalalala la lé…
And the night over London, ey…
God is in the houses and God is in my head… and all the cemeteries in London…
I see God come in my garden, but I don’t know what he said,
For my heart it wasn’t open….
Not open…
Singing la lalalalala la lé…
And the night over London, ey…
Singing la lalalalala la lé…
There’s no light over London today…
Beetles Don't Let me down comes on directly after Cemetaries of London by Coldplay. Really Sherm. I start to feel like: "what?!" what am i supposed to do with this? I know, mon raison d'etre, l'amour de ma vie, in my life we shared the most pure love. I learned how to love unconditionally when you shared your life and then your death with me. I am reminded that as I settle my head into my pillow, lying in bed with memories, every person whom I have shared my heart and soul with, knows me this true, though i have never experienced such a loss, as loosing the life of my dearly beloved Sherm.
When I need to bring it all back to center, music brings me there. It reminds me that my connection to spirit is beyond this earth oftentimes, and before I explode into the sky like a star (something I've posted many a time previous to this), I will meditate on death, then on life.
Karma Police:
Karma police, arrest this man
He talks in myths
He buzzes like a fridge
He's like a detuned radio
Karma police, arrest this girl
Her Hitler hairdo is
Making me feel ill
And we have crashed her party
This is what you get
This is what you get
This is what you get when you mess with us
Karma police
I've given all I can
It's not enough
I've given all I can
But we're still on the payroll
For for a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself
Endless tears come to my eyes as I hear the words which are so true of the past many years that I have been in search of myself, lost myself, and just when I feel I have found it again something devastating happens, I loose a soul mate.
The years past have been difficult to get over, and daily I work on myself through yoga, healthful foods, and hopefully surrounding myself with people who respect and support me because they know me true. When I return to the center of Tempe amongst my dear friends, my soul brothas and sistas, it hits me that I know I am not alone, even amongst a crowd of people sometimes I feel alone, though Sherm is always with me, as I am always with others in physical presence, we are all together in spiritual presence.
A day filled with new opportunities as I continually find myself amongst artists and musicians, I am reminded that this project BanyanTri is being supported and will continually be supported by others because it is organically already happening http://banyantri.wordpress.com/banyantri-houses/ By sharing space and appreciating the talents through supporting events around town, we continue to support the artistic community. This is what I am here to share and do, I am ready.
This day and night has come to an end as I finish writing these words, expressing what was on my mind, and letting it rest. I am excited for the projects that are budding right now during this beautiful sunny spring time in Arizona. I will accept the time it takes for them to come to fruition, with effort, then surrender.
If you can, lie down and meditate to this one with your eyes closed. Let the wave of sound rush over your body and take you to a higher place within the connection of spirit.
Explosions in the Sky The only moment we were alone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment