Monday, September 12, 2011

Manic Monday Mix Tape

Sometimes I don't realize the Sherm Songs until they are well into their space:

I was searching for YouTube video for a silly birthday gram, and these songs just started to play - how does it happen? This is what I needed today, musical therapy:



Bright Eyes: Here I come back, heavy love, someone gotta share in that heavy load, I'm never gonna move it alone.

Just this morning I was talking with a supportive loved one about being alone and working to make these projects happen, feeling overwhelmed with my continued aspiration for acquiring that next job, that hopeful career, that dream of success in my own art. Projects which weigh heavy on my mind and heart so heavythat I fall asleep dressed for the day and during the day I am dreaming. It is a bit backwards, or is it because I am living the dream right now? This is the storm before the calm, I've been in a whirlwind, dust storm, heat boiling, I've still got energy to move this forward.

Burial, Four Tet + Thom Yorke - Ego (New 2011 track)


Radiohead - Codex
It takes a note, a sound, the piano keys and the tones of his voice, to calm my heart. This song reminds me of driving with my cous at the beginning of my 30th year, freshly into my wanderings in pursuit of my mental clarity. This is an interesting thought, mental clarity,

Just Slight of Hand, Jump off the edge, into a clear lake, no one's around. Just Dragon Fly. The water's clear, says Thom


Sometimes I get so upset over the silliest things, and then a sweet person reminds me of the sweetness inside of me, through the simplest things, and I feel renewed.

The Shins



The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - Belong


Really, now this would only make sense.....lessons from the songs shared. Slow down.
Falling out of Reach - Guillemots

No comments: